Saturday, December 29, 2012

Feel Good Friday: Panda Slide

                     Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a day late.  What with Christmas and all, I kinda forgot about it until yesterday morning, and then I wasn't able to find something I wanted to share before I left for work.  That said, have some playing pandas.
                      From the Chengdu Panda Base website:  The Chengdu Panda Base was founded in 1987, with six giant pandas rescued from the wild.  Today (2008) our captive population has increased to 83 individuals from that founding population of only six.  Genetic diversity in the population is sustained by the exchange of preserved genetic material with other facilities.  We are very proud that we have not taken any giant pandas from the wild for 20 years.  This demonstrates our unique and uncompromising commitment to the conservation of the wild (in situ) population and the healthy growth of the captive (ex situ) population.

Lots of Love,
~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment